Wish me luck... I am meeting with our calligraphy guild's president tonight to discuss what to do about the newsletter I signed on to do. I'm not looking forward to this meeting, but it needs to happen, and face to face is the best way. Like I told Diane, our guild prez, I am more than happy to take on another role on the Board, one that would not demand the time commitment the newsletter requires on a monthly basis. I absolutely do not want to just bail on the guild, but I need to do something that will fit better with my life than the newsletter. I will feel SO much better when this anxiety and worry is over.
This is a photo taken in the French Quarter in New Orleans last February... just thought it was kind of cool, and wanted to throw something in the post that's fun to look at!
I leave Saturday for Pennsylvania, to take a week long master's calligraphy class with Sheila Waters. I've talked myself out of cancelling countless times... I found about ten really good reasons I shouldn't go, but I knew deep down they were just fear based excuses, and I really do need to just do this. I know I will be a better calligrapher and artist after this class, and I'm really very, very excited about it. I hope to post from Sheila's house during the week of October 20. Now, if I can only get through this without reverting to feeling like I'm still in grade school!
Ten excuses not to go to study with Sheila Waters:
- There will be eight other students there who are all probably better calligraphers than me.
- Where am I going to find ice I like (don't ask).
- How am I going to find Diet Cherry Coke in Pennsylvania?
- How am I going to get to a grocery store to buy Diet Cherry Coke, if I can find it, and bottled water, so I don't end up with traveler's diarrhea?
- How do I get to said grocery store without inconveniencing anyone?
- If I have a room mate, gasp, "oh god, am I going to have to share a room?!?", will my sleep habits (ok, I snore) bother them? (OK, I snore a lot).
- What if I don't like the food that's prepared for us? (Mind you I could stand to miss a whole week of meals).
- What if my work sucks?
- What if I don't like any of the other students?
- Even more importantly, what if none of the other students like me?
Need I go on ('cause you know there's more, right)?!?!? I think I need to go and get some Breath Right Strips.